Thursday, August 20, 2009

Toddler Shoe Shopping

It is time to get Arianna new shoes. I have read that shoes with soft soles are recommended for kids 24 months and younger and that flexible soles are recommended for kids ages 2-5.

Up until now, I have been getting her Pedipeds. These are recommended by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA). Unfortunately, I find them to be pricy. $38 for sandals, $44 for shoes, and over $50 for boots that she will only use for a few months feels like a bit much! So I did the usual: started doing a bunch of research!

Check out this link:
http://www.apma.org/MainMenu/RecommendedProducts/SealofAcceptance/APMAsSealofAcceptancePediatricFootProducts.aspx

This website contains a list of footwear recommended by the APMA.

So now it is time to go bargain hunting! I love bargain hunting! I love finding good deals!

I already know that some Robeez are cheaper, around $28 rather than $44 a pair. That works, much better! Unfortunately, not much of a selection on their website.

I wish local shoe stores would carry footwear that is appropriate for her age. Come on, all I want is a pair of shoes, a pair of sneakers, and a pair of boots that will be good on her feet. Is that too much to ask?

Online shopping it is.

I went to striderite.com and searched for several of the shoes listed on the APMA website. Didn't find any. What is that about? I thought they are all about shoes that are good for kids.

She is napping, so I am going shoe shopping!

When she wakes up, I will turn her crib into a toddler bed. Please wish us luck tonight!

I will have her there with me as I unassemble and reassemble her bed so I can tell her what we are doing and why. I am hoping that that might make the transition easier. That strategy has worked for us in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment