Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ari is 23 months today.

In one month, we will be celebrating Arianna’s second birthday. In a way, it feels like she has been around for such a brief period of time. Two years, already? At the same time, it feels like she has been around for so long. Two years, that is it? It feels like so much has happened, so much has changed.

I cannot remember what my life pre-baby was like anymore. I know one thing: I remember feeling bored every now and then. I have not been and do not think I will feel bored ever again! Oh, I know another thing: everything was quick and simple!

Two years ago, I was pregnant and knew my life was about to change, but had no idea what it would really be like. No clue what I was getting myself into! I can now say that being a mother has been the hardest, most challenging thing I have ever done. Being a student at very demanding Mount Holyoke College does not hold a candle! At the same time, I can also say that being a mother has been and continues to be the most rewarding thing I have ever done. There is nothing like seeing my daughter develop in so many different ways, exploring her surroundings, imitating our behaviors, including the silly stuff, being her unique little self. There is nothing like her smile! There is nothing like hearing her blowing kisses, seeing her giving her daddy hugs, or hearing her saying “teh-too” (thank you)!

Holy crap, I am a mother and I am responsible for shaping, to an extent, the life of a new, little being who will someday be a grownup like you and I. Yikes! I better do a kick-ass job! I sure am trying! She is most definitely picking up on many positive things, and, for that, I am very grateful.

Ok, done with the squishy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment