Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You know you are a parent when...

You never cared about cartoons as a kid, but, suddenly, you look forward to and enjoy singing the "Bob the builder" song! Your kid laughs when you sing, so you enjoy singing the silly song even more!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out PVS at 7:30AM!

And...

You know you are a breastfeeding mom with a working reproductive system when...
You are freezing one minute, boiling hot the next, and freezing again, all in five minutes.

To clarify, this does not happen to me all the time. It only happens during my menstrual period.

What causes it? Extremely low estrogen levels.

When you breastfeed, your estrogen level is low.

When you are menstruating, your estrogen level is low.

When you are menstruating and are a breastfeeding mother, I guess your estrogen level is non-existent! Ok, not quite, but it is extremely low.

There's a female biology tipbit for you!

It is pretty frustrating when it happens, but it is only a few days a month. I still love breastfeeding, even though I am getting hotflashes from hell this week!

1 comment:

  1. We have a CD that is in English and Spanish and I like it more than Nahum does. It is for kids, but the songs are so catchy...

    "vamos a ver los animales...let's go see the animals, en el zoologico...who all live at the zoo..."

    ReplyDelete