Monday, June 8, 2009

I will never talk about how well she is sleeping, ever again!

A few days back, I was hanging out with our neighbor. She asked how Amor Chiquito had been sleeping. "Great" was my response. That night, Ari woke up five times. Ouch!

Last night, I got 2.5 hours of sleep. No, I'm not exaggerating. Something is bothering her and I can't figure it out.

We took turns putting her in the crib, trying to cosleep, checking on her diaper, offering food, you name it... She just could not fall asleep. She would toss and turn for a while, then, suddenly, she'd start to cry. It was the "I'm in pain" cry, not the "I just don't want to sleep right now" cry. She was up from 11:30 to 2:30 and and up for the day at 5.

She wanted to nurse constantly. TMI warning - my nipples are beyond sore today. It had not been this bad since she was a newborn, I think.

Amor Chiquito has been quite booboholic the past few weeks, since she had that crazy fever two weeks ago. Once she started feeling better, I started limitting how many times she nurses during the day. By limitting I mean leave my boobs alone for three hours, for the love of God, as my mother-in-law puts it! During the day, she does pretty good. She tries to nurse, but when I say no, she moves on to something else. Last night was a different story, though, hence the soreness.

Once again, something is wrong and, thus far, I am 100% clueless. I really hope that I can figure it out soon so I can hopefully help her feel better and so we can get a good night sleep. I am swamped with school work and Geeky Entrepreneur just got a new job, is helping launch a company, travelling, etc. So we'd like to get some sleep, please!

Off to get some school work done while I have a bit of brain power.

No comments:

Post a Comment