Monday, March 8, 2010

The Diva Cup, anyone?

Guys, if you don’t want to hear about female products (and why would you?), this is not the post for you! You’ve been warned!

The Reluctant Crunchy Mama is getting crunchier and crunchier!

We use cloth diapers, but, for some reason, cloth pads... No... Just no... No good reason, just, no!

I recently read some blog posts by women who use the Diva Cup. I looked it up online and it has excellent reviews. I decided to give it a shot.

Read up on what it is here:
http://www.divacup.com/

Mine arrived today. I’ll tell you if I like it or not in a few weeks!

Do you have anything to say about it, good or bad? Any tips?

1 comment:

  1. Just happened across this blog. I've used the Keeper, another menstrual cup, for ten years now (just replaced it for the first time). Here are my menstrual cup caveats. It doesn't work well for me on the first day; i think my cervix is in a different spot on that first day. I find that for me, it can aggravate a UTI or bowel issues; it seems to narrow my urethra and press on my rectum just enough to annoy it. Of course this is going to depend on your individual anatomy!

    But otherwise, i really like the thing, mostly for its convenience -- on lighter flow days, i don't need to empty it very often. (I used to do field work, so getting to a bathroom often required driving to the nearest gas station. Very disruptive to have to do this every couple hours!) And on heavier days, i use pads as backup, and it cuts down on how often i have to change them. (Used to just use tampons on day 1, but now i live in a place with old, terrible plumbing.) And as mentioned, my first one lasted a good long time, and that was back when i couldn't be bothered to take decent care of it (I think you're supposed to boil it after every cycle? yeah i didn't do that but will with the new one!).

    Oh, i'm guessing this won't apply to you but i had trouble inserting the thing at first (I was a virgin) until i learned to fold it up real tight. Still popped my cherry the first time i took it out; i personally didn't mind that (I'm glad i didn't have to deal with that the first time i had sex, which was embarrassing enough for me!), but some girls might.

    Anywayz... i think there are forums out there that probably have more information (not that i didn't tell you way more than you probably wanted to know), but you did ask. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete