Saturday, May 30, 2009

I smell playdates in my future!

We bought a duplex a year ago. Unfortunately, our awesome tenants need to move out. It has not been easy to find tenants this time around. Fortunately, I finally get to take the Craig's List ad down! We just met with our new tenants two hours ago.

A family of five will be moving in in July. Mom is a stay-at-home mom, just like me. She is a breastfeeding mommy too! Her little guy is seven weeks old! She was very excited because her kids will have another little one to play with. Also, she is always home alone with the kids, wanting to hang out with other mommies, but her friends with kids are too far away.

I am in the exact same situation. I have wonderful friends, but they are too far away. One of my best friends has a baby two months older than Ari, but we need to travel two hours to get together. (hi Yaminette!) When we do get together, we have to work around two kids' naptimes. It's a mess!

Actually, cute story - one time, Yaminette came up with her son. We hung out for a while, then it was nap time. I took Amor Chiquito upstairs and Yaminette was going to have her son sleep downstairs in the playard. Sounds like a great plan, right?! The kids disagreed! They both went down at first, but then Yaminette's son made a cute noise. Amor Chiquito heard him and got up, super excited! Yaminette's son heard Ari and started saying "nena, nena, nena..." (Spanish for little girl." It was too cute and hopeless, all at the same time! We spent the next few hours trying to get them to sleep. Eventually, Yaminette took her son for a ride. Did they ever nap, Yami? I can't remember! I don't think so. What I know for sure is that that that day was chaotic! And I wasn't the one who travelled for hours.

For us, traveling is not easy. Amor Chiquito hates being strapped in for hours at a time. It's so bad we have not dared drive two hours to see my in-laws or our friends in Boston. I love my mother-in-law to pieces and we haven't driven to see her since January. My hope is that as Amor Chiquito gets older and understands language better, I can explain to her what we are doing and hopefully she will be ok with napping in the car and sleeping on a different bed at night.

But, anyways, back to the original topic... Our new tenant/neighbor is already talking about playdates. I am looking forward to it. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but, at the same time, I feel like I often crave contact with people who can talk back and have a conversation with me. Ask my husband, he knows! By the time it's 6pm, if he has not stopped working, I start harassing him! I don't care if he wants to talk about aliens, just talk to me!

So it will be fun! And I'll get to play with a tiny little person!

Oh, I think I might be able to talk her into cloth diapers! She noticed Amor Chiquito's diaper and asked. I'm more than happy to do my part to talk moms into it!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I am so excited for you! And a tiny bit jealous because the other mom isn't me!!!!!
    Yes, I think they never slept that day. We were exhausted and they had us wrapped around their cute little fingers, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the other mom isn't you because you're obsessed with living in Boston! You know I tried to talk you into it! :) Come on, you know you want to come back to western MA!

    ReplyDelete