Sunday, February 20, 2011

The topics my 3-year-old has been discussing lately...

Here is a list of the topics Amor Chiquito has talked or asked about recently:

Why people work.

How people get money and what we do with it.

“Is Daddy working so we can buy food and go on the big boat again?”

“I don’t like the winter. I want to go back to the beach.” Don’t we all!

We went shopping and she wanted several things. I got her a jump rope and the Don’t Break the Ice game, but said we would need to save to get the other toys. She wants to save money to get herself a $20 Leapfrog laptop!

Daddy told her that school is her job and she said that she does not make money there so it’s not a job! She can’t make money because she is too little.

She is starting to talk about eating healthy.

For a few days, she was obsessed with not eating too much because her tummy would hurt. I think she heard one of us say that once and it really made an impression on her.

She has been hearing about her cousin’s birthday party, which is happening later today. She would like to have a Dora cake for her birthday. Why me?! I feel Dora is so annoying!

She would like a “sister baby.”

“Mommy, why you no have a son?”

She asked how babies get out of mommies’ tummies.

She also asked how babies get in mommies’ tummies! What? I didn’t ask any of this until I was five!

I am sure there is more, but this is what comes to mind right now.

Fascinating stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment