Saturday, July 25, 2009

I've been in denial, but, yes, there is no doubt: she is almost two!

I can't believe it. I don't have a baby anymore! September 18 is coming up fast!

So, yes, the "terrible two's" are here! I am not complaining. I know we are lucky. Amor Chiquito is healthy and she is a good kid. I’ve seen other kids her age. I know there could be more tantrums, that the tantrums could last longer, more crying and screaming, more frustration. I do wonder how much of our “luck” is due to her own personality and how much of it is due to the way we have chosen to parent. But I’ll write about that another day.

So, we are seeing the signs. Amor Chiquito is testing boundaries. She is often saying “no” when we ask her to do something. Amor Chiquito decides when she wants to listen to what we are saying. She will cry for no good reason, like a little while ago when Geeky Entrepreneur was clipping her nails. Her cry sounds like she is so upset. Yet, you let her go and she is fine, as if nothing ever happened, in, oh, I don’t know, 5 seconds.

I won’t lie; parenting an almost 2-year-old can get intense at times, but I feel that thus far I am doing well with the whole thing, better than I had anticipated, that’s for sure. Geeky Entrepreneur… Well, he’s kicking ass, as usual! I think the is the more patient one of the two of us. If you know him, you know the man just never gets angry! How he does it? I don’t know, but I am so glad he is the man I married! He is such an awesome father. I love you, Geek! You are the bestest (yes, I know that's not a real word!) daddy!

But, back to Ms. Mischief, Love and Logic, here we come! I am going to listen to the book again. I think we will get even more out of it this time around. I will be sure to take notes as I listen along and I’ll be sure to post them. I can already tell you that the book is awesome. In the next few weeks, I’ll show you why I feel that way.

I’ll leave you with this quote from mamatrue.com, a blog I just discovered a few minutes ago:
“If you know where the boundary is, you can lean on it, derive support from it, and relax within the limits. If you don’t know where the boundary is, that doesn’t mean it’s non-existent. It just means that you can run into it and get hurt.”

This quote made me think and reminded me of the importance of lovingly setting boundaries early on. I figured the mommies out there reading this might find it helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment