Sunday, July 12, 2009

Eating organic, an example of our transition to crunchiness!

Originally, this blog was meant to be about our transition to “crunchiness”! I realize that I have not written much about how I am reluctantly turning into a crunchy mama. I hope to fix that, now that I am done with school.

Here is an example of our transition to “crunchiness”!

Prior to getting pregnant, we had started considering buying organic produce. We tried a few fruits and veggies, but we were not consistent about it. Once I was pregnant, that was it. Geeky Entrepreneur announced we were making the switch! It was cute, actually. Cute how? To me, it meant that, even though Amor Chiquito was tiny and we had not met her yet, her daddy already cared about her enough to start making changes in our lives if those changes might have a positive impact in her life.

We started buying organic fruits, veggies and chicken. We read some articles that discussed which produce are worth buying or not. For example, if I remember correctly (this was years ago), it turns out that there is not a big difference between organic and non-organic bananas. We get organic anyways because they are tastier!

Some argue that the jury is out on whether “organic” is all it is cracked up to be or not. I won’t argue either way here, as I have not researched it heavily, but if it means that less chemicals are getting into our bodies, I feel it is worth it, for us.

Speaking of organic food, I got organic strawberries, blueberries, and grape tomatoes today. I must say that the grape tomatoes were the best tomatoes I have ever had! The blueberries were also quite tasty. I wish we could get yummy fruit and veggies like that more often!

If you know me, you know I’m not really into veggies! I eat them because I know they’re good for me, blab la bla…! All kidding aside, I used to not eat any veggies whatsoever. It has been hard to get used to eating them, but I have made a great deal of progress. Ask my husband!

But, back to what I was going to say, you know that if I am saying the grape tomatoes were delicious, they must be awesome tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment