Friday, November 19, 2010

Just don't do it!

Don't let your child eat in front of your laptop, that is!

Duh! Makes perfect sense!

Here is the story! Ari woke me up at six A.M. this morning. She wanted to watch Diego and she wanted to eat. I set up Netflix on my laptop and gave her the banana she asked for. Didn't think a thing about it! She then asked for water. I gave her that too!

Did I say that she was on the couch with my laptop on her lap?! Bad move, I know!

After an hour or so, I went back to bed for a bit. Daddy came down stairs and found a piece of the banana and the cup resting on my keyboard!

Have I said oops?!

Oh, have I mentioned that my computer is about a month old!

So, suggestion for you and, let's face it, for myself: when we're almost sleep walking, trying to take care of our kids, let's have them eat at the dining table and let's put the laptop a little farther away from them!

Some lessons I need to relearn five or six times before I really get it, apparently!

If you're wondering: my keyboard was decorated with banana stickiness, but it seems to be working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment