Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy birthday, Daddy!

Today is Geeky Entrepreneur's birthday. As is typical with us, we did something simple and low key. I baked a blueberry cake and made lasagna for dinner.

I was feeling like I could have planned better, like I could have made his birthday more fun. It turns out I was wrong!

When Ari and I came home from school, she ran in Daddy's home office to say, more like scream, happy birthday! Unfortunately, Daddy was on the phone.

When we were getting ready to sing happy birthday, I asked Ari if she would like to bring the dessert plates to the table. She said yes. She not only brought them to the table. She walked around and gave everyone a plate, Daddy, grandma, Mommy, and herself!

She then did the same with spoons.

I asked her if she would like to bring the cake to the table. She was ecstatic! She very cautiously and carefully carried the cake!

We sang happy birthday together. Ari was beaming the entire time!

Daddy got many "happy birthday, Daddy" and many family hugs today!

At the end of the day, he said this was the best birthday he ever had! He enjoyed the meal and the cake, but I know that isn't what made it the best birthday ever! It was all about the fact that his 3-year-old was aware of the whole birthday celebration for the first time ever. Last year, as far as she was concerned, it was a chance to eat cake! This year, she was talking about it and looking forward to it for days. She made her Daddy feel very special!

It's the little things... I am so happy and so grateful. I love my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment