Monday, January 24, 2011

Article: Facts About Motherhood

A list of the things that are just a bit different once one becomes a parent! I say parent, not mother, because I happen to know a fair number of dads out there who are just as actively engaged and involved as mom.
http://www.authenticparenting.info/2011/01/facts-about-motherhood.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AuthenticParenting+%28Authentic+Parenting%29

Only a little different... Right?!

Somehow, I'm signing up for this again! Yikes!

And, yes, it's true. I've been known to have a little someone go in the bathroom with me and say things like "Mommy, did you wipe? Don't forget to wipe."

Long showers... Pre-motherhood, they were showers. Now, they are "luxurious showers"! Oh how I love them!

Room-temperature food... My poor husband... When we go out to eat, often, it seems like Ari needs to go pee when the food is about to come out or it just did. We take turns, but he ends up taking her more often. If she has not seen him all day, she wants her daddy to help her. Also, if we go to a new restaurant with poor lighting, it's easiest for the parent with the better eyes to go find the bathroom.

Sleep... Yes, I agree wholeheartedly! This is, by far, what I miss the most! Can someone tell me just why the heck kids need to wake up so freaking early?! Why is it that on weekend days she wakes up before 7am and on school days, sometimes, it's 7:40 and I can't get her out of bed? Fascinating stuff!

So, yes, having a child turns your life upside-down, in a way, but it is also very rewarding. It is difficult to put that rewarding feeling into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment