Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Napping in school, sleep arrangements at home, and the lovely rash

Apparently, it was not a one-time deal. Amor Chiquito has now napped five times in school! Yay!

Somewhat related topic. We are in the process of moving her back to her room. It was unplanned, but it seems to be working ok.

For the past few months, Amor Chiquito has been sleeping on a separate mattress, right next to me. This has worked well. Daddy and I have enough room and Daddy does not get kicked anymore.

When Amor Chiquito got sick, I suggested Daddy sleep in another room. That way only one of us would be getting up in the middle of the night. You see, if I make sure he gets his sleep, then I feel just fine about asking him to take over at six or seven a.m! Getting another hour or two of sleep after a rough night makes my life and day so much better!

We have been dealing with a runny nose and a rash for over a week. We have been trying to figure out what is causing the rash. We wondered if there was something in our bedroom, so we moved Ari to her bedroom. She has slept there the past three nights and she has not complained once. She would prefer if I sleep with her. Usually, she comes to snuggle sometime between three and six a.m. The new system is mostly working. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

As far as the rash, I still have no idea whatsoever as to what is causing it. We saw a pediatrician on Monday. He says it is not an infection or anything serious. If it was an infection, benadril would not get rid of it. It gets rid of it completely, but after six to ten hours, the rash comes back.

I have gone through the list 20 times. No new soaps or detergents. No new foods. She gets the rash both at our place and at my mom's. She has gotten in the car. The doctor says it is something she is eating, touching, or smelling. It could be anything. I am clueless.

We are looking into an air cleaning system. If you know anything about that, please share! I am slowly going up the learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment