Monday, September 7, 2009

Better day today...

Ari napped today. We were at my mother's and she had not napped there in months. I would end up coming home earlier than anticipated so she would not miss her nap. But it worked and she napped for almost two hours. I had to try twice, but it worked.

Thanks for the reminder/encouragement, Musical Daddy!

Geeky Entrepreneur still has work to do at home, but he told the people he was meeting with he was wrapping up at six so he could have dinner with the family. So the three of us got to enjoy a nice dinner at a local, quiet restaurant. Nice, low key way anniversary celebration.

A little story... September 2004, Geeky Entrepreneur had been on eHarmony for six months. On September 7, he expanded the age range so that he would get matches 21 and up, rather than 24 and up. He wanted nothing to do with the 21-year-olds who were still trying to figure out who they are, what they want, etc. Turns out the very same day he changed this parameter, I signed up and we got matched. Guess how old I was at the time? Yup, 21! You got stuck with a 21-year-old after all, Geek!

I knew Geeky Entrepreneur had played with the age setting, but I had not realized that he did so the same day I signed up. Five years later, we are still learning little stories about each other... You would think we must know it all by now, but, clearly, that is not the case...

Post #100 already...

2 comments:

  1. Musical Daddy is 6 years older than me. I was 20 when we got together. Works well to go older because men take forever to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. So true! Geeky Entrepreneur is six years older than me too. I figured older is better because he'd be done with college partying. Turns out Geeky Entrepreneur wasn't into parties, but, still... He was done with the crazy entrepreneurial phase and the all-night role-playing, which, for me, is almost as bad! I wanted a guy who would be home for dinner and would enjoy family time.

    ReplyDelete