Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Suddenly, two steps backwards...

Amor Chiquito peed on the rug just because... Weird... Not sure how to deal with that.

Do I remind her to go on the potty? Do I not make a big deal out of it and hope for the best?

Do I sing the ut-oh song? What consequence would I deliver? Something about that approach does not feel right with potty training... Can't put my finger on it...

Another alternative is to completely avoid the potty subject and pretend like going to the bathroom is exciting, just huge. Silly, I know! But positive reinforcement does work well for us.

Not a big deal... I am not going to stress out over an accident. Mostly just thinking outloud, I guess. Comments/suggestions are welcomed, of course.

1 comment:

  1. L&L approach to potty training is that it is developmental and not worthy of the ut-oh song. You're much better off making a big deal about successful pottying. Or, just telling her, pee-pee goes in the potty. Not saying "it's okay" to have an accident, nor saying that it's bad.

    ReplyDelete