Sunday, April 19, 2009

She slept through the night!

The Geeky Entrepreneur put her in bed at 8pm. She was asleep before 8:30. We didn't hear from her until 6am. Actually, I heard her on the monitor once, around 3AM, I think, but she put herself back to sleep. I can't believe it! We are ecstatic!

We are, of course, wondering what we must do for a repeat performance! The two things that have changed are that she has a pillow and that she is sleeping in onsies and pants rather than very warm sleepers.

I will admit that I was paranoid when I woke up at 2:30 and realized that she had not woken up and it had been 6 hours. My poor husband, I woke him up and asked him to check on her! He admits to having been a bit upset at me at first, but that, once he was awake enough to do the math, he was paranoid, too, so he ran in her room and checked on her! Pathetic, I know. We should just enjoy it. But when you recently heard of a "crib death," it is hard not to get paranoid.

Oh, just in case you were wondering, we did not give her anything to help her sleep! I refuse to do that, no matter how many people tell me to give her benadryl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, people say the most horrible things to try to get your child to sleep through the night, as if it's even their problem. Sleeping through the night is not, contrary to popular belief, the hallmark of an exemplary parent.

    It means that the child happened to have no major need to be met that night and could stay asleep for longer because of that. Sometimes, their bodies decide that they like it and they'll do it more often. Sometimes they do it for awhile and then change their minds.

    ReplyDelete