Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Adventures of Amor Chiquito

Not much to say this week, or, more accurately, I can't remember much. Thanks to the 3 teeth that are on the way, Amor Chiquito has been sleeping terrible. And, of course, that means we are sleeping terrible, too, so I don't remember much! Fortunately, after these teeth, we have 4 molars and we are all done with teething!

I have noticed a correlation: when she sleeps poorly, she eats poorly. She is not eating much at all these days, not even with Abuela. She typically eats the best with my mother, but that is not the case this week.

So, we are very much looking forward to the end of this phase, of course. It is very exhausting and frustrating, but I keep reminding myself that I have nothing to complain about. She is here and she is healthy, in theory. Every now and then, I wonder if she is as healthy as the pediatrician says. She has slept poorly for most of her life. So I wonder if there is something wrong we are not aware of.

But, on to a fun topic.

Amor Chiquito likes to put her chair in front of the television. She stands on it so she can grab the remote control. Can you spell brain development?!

She likes to put stuffed animals on her booster seat, strap them in, and put the tray in front of them.

She loves to help us. She likes putting away groceries, emptying the dishwasher, taking clothes out of the dryer and putting them in the basket, among other things.

She loves looking out the window.

She loves ringing the doorbell each and every time we come home.

She loves bathtime, particularly soaping herself up.

She is not eating much, but if she sees a piece of cake or a milk shake, she definitely wants some and will eat it! Like mother like daughter, I suppose! I'm just wondering why she won't eat more cheese and why she is a self-proclaimed vegetarian! No clue where she got the whole being a vegetarian thing!

I can't think of anything else; I guess it is time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment