Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thinking of Cancer Patients

We all know that cancer is a scary thing. Some of us know people who have had cancer.

I follow the blogs of two people whose young son has cancer.

Cancer sucks, but I am sure it is even harder when the patient is a little guy who is too young to understand what is going on and why.

I would like to take a moment to urge anyone who reads this to keep this beautiful, strong, and amazing family in your thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe in. I know you do not know them. Neither do I, really. I have interacted with the mother of this child on message boards several times, but that is about it. Whether we know them personally or not is irrelevant. Let's do what we can: let's support cancer research, and, when someone you know is facing cancer, do whatever you can to help, whether it is positive thoughts, prayers, moral support, donating your hair… I am sure it makes a difference.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you! Together we can do a little that has the potential to go a long way.

    ReplyDelete