Thursday, January 12, 2012

Article: Making the Switch to Reusable Menstrual Products

Guys, you may want to skip this one!

Ladies, here is a very thorough article on reusable menstrual products.

http://naturalparentsnetwork.com/reusable-menstrual-products/

I haven't tried many of the options she lists. Definitely not doing the free bleeding thing, thanks! I may or may not try cloth pads. I keep going back and forth about it. Basically, I've felt funny about it and have wondered how messy the process is. But I did cloth diapers for years, so what is the big deal?! I guess it comes down to this: I'm ok with tiny amounts of baby poop being in my washer but not ok with my own blood being in there. See how ridiculous that sounds?! But I'm certain I'm not the only one who feels this way!

I have some experience with the Diva Cup. It works very well for me in that it really does catch everything if you insert it properly. I have a hard time inserting it and removing it occasionally. There have been times when it just doesn't feel comfortable. Sometimes it hurts while I am pulling it out. My guess is that I need more practice. If I could see the diagrams/pictures it would probably be easier.

Overall, I like many aspects of it. But I grow impatient when I have cramps from hell and it takes a couple tries before I feel comfortable. That being said, I'll keep trying because I like the idea of using something reusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment