Thursday, September 30, 2010

To-Go Lunches for a Preschooler

So, as I wrote on another post, Amor Chiquito is often not drinking, eating, or both at lunch time.

I have tried the following for her school lunches:
White rice
Pasta
Waffles
Bread
Crackers
Dry cereal
Cheese

I also send fruit, usually grapes or strawberries, and a carrot, along with one of the items listed above.

I send diluted orange juice to get additional fluids into her. I was sending water the first week, but it seemed like she was not drinking much at all.

Everything I have tried are things we know she likes.

Her classroom is peanut free, so no peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

She won’t eat meat, so ham and cheese sandwiches don’t work for us.

I am looking for yummy and healthy options.

Help! What do your or your children’s to-go lunches consist of? Give me some ideas, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment