Sunday, March 29, 2009

Klean Kanteen Sippy Cup Review

We have been using the Klean Kanteen sippy cups for a few days now. We have 2 of them. I am happy with them thus far.

Advantages:
Clean-tasting water
Easy to clean – clean with vinegar and baking soda or put them in the dishwasher
Good size for toddlers and children in general
If baby drops it, it makes noise because it is metal, so you are less likely to lose it! We already tested this hypothesis!
No leaks, unless child has it upside-down, of course!

Disadvantages:
There are a few parts to clean: the bottle, the adapter, and the sippy spout.
They are pricey ($15.95 for a color sippy).
If it is upside-down, it will leak. Be warned!

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with them. I am willing to take the extra time to wash the different parts if it means Amor Chiquito has clean water to drink.

Here is a link to the sippy:
http://www.backcountryedge.com/klean_kanteen-color-sippy.aspx

A silly little story – last Friday, the 3 of us went on a walk on the Mount Holyoke College campus, where I am doing my undergraduate degree. You should have seen us! We were the Klean Kanteen family! The Crazy Entrepreneur had his stainless steel 27oz bottle on his shoulder. I had my pink 27oz bottle around my neck (I already lost one and refuse to lose it again!). Amor Chiquito was in her stroller, with cheerios on her tray, and hugging her pink Klean Kanteen! The husband won't let me live it down!

I got us these nylon slings so we can't lose our bottles as easily:
http://www.backcountryedge.com/klean_kanteen-sling.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment