Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Getting crunchier: homemade deodorant

I decided to try it about two months ago. I haven't gone back! I don't think I will go back.

Super simple. Super easy to make. Super cheap. No wondering about the ingredients and what they may do to my body.

There are tons of recipes. This first time I opted to go with the simplest one. Corn starch and baking soda, a one-to-one ratio. Mix. Grab some with your finger tips and apply. That's all there is to it!

Corn starch dries. Baking soda removes odors.

It really does work!

The only con I can think of is that it can be messy because it is a powder. So I do it over the bathroom sink. Problem solved.

I spent a quarter, maybe. I've been using it for about two months and there is enough for another month easy.

Come on, take the plunge! You know you want to!

2 comments: